Thursday, March 5, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

Why do people do stupid things? Is it in our DNA? Probably. While driving yesterday in the fast lane, I came up rather swiftly on a car in front of me. Since I was in the fast lane, and this car was not going fast, I flashed my brights letting the driver know that she was being stupid. She sped up and moved over. When I passed her, she let me know her indignation by showing me her middle finger, as if this is supposed to hurt me in some way. I thought we were showing each other our digits, so I showed her my thumb. I don't think she appreciated it as much as I did. I just don't understand why people are so dumb. I was going faster than she was, so why should she be upset when I want her to get out of my way? She shouldn't be. Why couldn't she just look at my Jurassic Park sticker on the back of my car and smile. Jurassic Park brings joy and love. That's why I put the sticker on my car in the first place. That and because chicks dig it.

1 comment:

  1. Chicks do dig it, believe me, I'm all excited about it and I haven't seen it in person yet. My bad driving habit is that when people are that stupid in the fast lane I have the impulse to just drive right over them, and in that moment it seems to make sense to do so. Yeah, it's good I ride a bicycle most of the time.

    ReplyDelete