Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Banality of Benign

I am a somewhat outgoing young man, and feel that I must speak out against those boring folks I see walking around campus. I understand that not everyone can nor should be as ridiculous as Shaq in a turtleneck, but everyone should at least be open to new things and appreciate the fact that Shaq doesn't really have the physique for a turtleneck. And why is it that so many guys feel that in order to win over a mate, they must be total douchebags? Well, that question was already answered in an earlier post, but still needs frequent reflection. And they are not just douchebags to the women that they pursue, but to their fellow man. They walk around in their Seven jeans and try to hit me with their BMW SUVs. Gay. Which leads me to my next point: the kids who try to not be douches and therefore end up being douches. I'm speaking of course of those kids who try so hard to not fit in, and by so doing fit into the group of kids that tries really hard to not fit in. Ironic? Yes. Romantic? Never. These kids are so concerned with being different that they literally try to put Shaq in a turtleneck, which is like trying to make a milkshake with no pants on: a terrible idea with almost certain negative repercussions. All of these people lead me to believe that being really, truly, genuinely original is the only way to live life. So instead of trying to fit in or trying not to fit in (which is still fitting in), just be who you are. Unless you're boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment